Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last nights dinner

Last night I walked home from work, just missing the giant rain clouds above, and made an incredible salad. It included mixed greens, grapes, feta, chik patty, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and home made Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette, which was just to die for.



I looked up a couple of recipes and then just decided to make my own.

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 pinch flaxseeds
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Parsley flakes
  • Basil flakes

I chopped the fresh strawberries, mixed all the ingredients in a blender, and processed until smooth. It turned out creamy and delicious. Makes about 1.5 cups.
  I kind of want to put it on everything.

Todays salad will probably be a replica. I'm pretty excited. And now, off to #fitblog!

1 comments:

safire said... [Reply to comment]

I love it when food makes us excited! Have a lovely rest of the week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...