Saturday, March 19, 2011

Introspective Questions and my answers

When you were a little kid what did you want to do with your life?
When I was a kid, I wanted to be Whitney Houston. I wanted to sing and be famous and loved. 
 
How did you want it to look? What kind of adult did you want to be?
I wanted to be free of the oppressor that was my mother. I wanted to be busy and wanted by everyone. I wanted people to fill stadiums to hear me sing. I wanted to win Academy awards for best actress, but I was also coerced into acting. 
 
What activity has been on the bottom of your to-do list for years?
This question confuses me. I have had things on my to-do list for years that were always near the top, they just never got accomplished, like getting a drivers license or my passport. 
 
What are you procrastinating?
Getting my drivers license and passport. Though the passport thing might actually happen this year. My cousin is getting married in Mexico and it might be my only chance to leave the country for the first time.
If you could do anything in the whole world, what would it be?
I am currently doing all that I want to do. Of course I have dreams of joining the Peace Corps, but at the root of that, I just want to help people realize their full potential. I do that.  

What would you do to make money if you had no choice, but to use what you’re really, really good at?
Helping people. I currently help youth find employment and further education opportunities. I'm already doing what I want to do. If I wanted to take it a step further, I'd want an upper management position where I could create the policies for the programs I currently work with, or perhaps have my own non-profit with the purpose of empowering youth.
 
What do you like about yourself?
 The size of my boobs, the curl of my hair. The gleam in my eyes. My crooked smile. The sound of my voice still startles me, but only because when I hear it, I really want to know that person. I love that I love to laugh. I love that I cry at everything. Its hard earned, but I get that I'm a pretty awesome person.
Who do you want to be?
Just me. Whoever I am, that's who I want to be. 
 
What do you want people to remember about you?
 That I am kind, loving and gracious with a sharp wit and sense of humor that killz. That I never didn't do anything because I was afraid. That I have no regrets, because every decision I've made has made me who I am today.
What are you waiting for?
I'm already here.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...