Thursday, March 17, 2011

"  If you lose today, win tomorrow. In this never-ending spirit of challenge is the heart of a victor."  -Daisaku Ikeda

 This has been a very very long morning. I didn't eat very well last night. I made spinach lasagna, and became so ravished while waiting for it, I ate 5 string cheese, a small bowl of sauce with cheese, about a cup and a half of ice cream (but out of the container, so it could have been more or less, and then a handful of regular cheese. Then finally, two piece of lasagna, which reaffirmed that I don't like ricotta cheese.

Old picture. Still relevant.
I left the lasagna in the oven over night... and this morning. If it hasn't gone bad yet, it will be by the time I get home, so its probably for the best. The only tasty part about it was the jar of sauce, and cheese on top. The noodles weren't quite done. I was impatient. (It didn't finish until nearly 11. I can't eat that late. Its no bueno.)

On the bright side, I went to the gym yesterday morning and kept a 3.5-4.7 pace for 20 minutes (thats not really keeping a pace, is it?) on the elliptical, hopped on the treadmill and ran 1 minute 5 times at 4.5, and walk an additional 20 minutes at 3.0. I'm definitely ready to be a runner. Every day I wake up and all I want to do is do more.

It looks like I had a calcium attack. Everything I ate last night was dairy related, which is interesting to me. Really, I was looking for the mix of sauce and cheese, and carbs, I think. It'll probably happen again. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it.  I wonder if that morning workout had any affect on my near fatal need for dairy that evening however. I should be better prepared for such events in the future.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...