Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thintervention

I watched Thintervention this morning on the recommendation of my cousin. I'm not usually into "reality tv" of any sort, and with in the first 10 minutes of this show, I was reminded why: They only show you what they want to you see. Its not real. However, these characters are just whiny enough that watching them struggle while this skinny lady yells at them is almost exciting. It even made me feel a little bad that while the characters were on the verge of vomiting, I was just sitting there watching them. So I stretched for the last 20 minutes of it. It felt good, I hadn't stretched in a while. But of course, she had just enough time to name drop her book, This is Why your Fat. Has anyone read it?


So I'm wondering if shows like these really inspire people to get up and active, or if it some how feeds one's subconscious into believing that watching people work out is basically the same actually working out. What do you think?

1 comments:

Karen said... [Reply to comment]

I saw the first episode and was less than impressed. Yep - whiny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...