Saturday, May 29, 2010

You Can't Stop The Beat

Oh man, today was another goregous day. I got up around 10, ate my left over pasta from last night, and then headed out for a walk. I needed to stop by the atm so I could have some cash on me, and then made a circle around back to my house. All together it was 2.49 miles according to runningmap.com. I was so pumped when I got back from my walk, I felt like I could take over the world! I wanted to do everything, and anything.

Only I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I hung out at home with my roommate, watch a couple of movies, and eventually cleaned the kitchen. I also ate food. I felt I was constantly snacking all day, but I only have four pictures to show you. I think part of it was that I wanted to snack, and the other part was that I was actually chewing... only I was chewing gum. Gum, I have learned is a great tool to keep my mouth busy. There is something about the movement of your jaw clenching and unclenching in a mindless way that is so very comforting. Last night while I was figuring out how to be alone without feeling lonely, I thought perhaps they should make gum that tasted like potato chips, or perhaps full blown steak and potato meals... but then I decided that would just be gross.

Fascinating, right?

The bowl of cereal I had was pretty impulsive of me. I wasn't hungry when I ate any of my meals today. They were consumed more out of habit. I desperately need something to do on the weekends that doesn't involve "partying". Nothing wrong with parties, or clubbing, its just not my scene.

It might be easier to figure out once I get a car, which I'm getting next week. That should be its own post, because its going to be epic!

I ate the terrible chicken left overs because I didn't have to cook. I heated it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes, and barely noticed when it was gone.  <---I am getting a lot better about this. Not having anything to do on the weekends makes it very easy to revert to old habits.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get a 4 mile walk in. I'm pretty excited about that. Its always surprises me how far away things are, because 2 miles is just down the street! The walk I'm going to take tomorrow is 2 miles out, two miles home.  I definitely need more purposeful walking in. It makes me feel so powerful.

As a late night snack, I ate 4 mini corndogs, and 4 jalapeno poppers. They were hot, and crispy, and spicy. I'm sitting here, trying to come up with a reason why I ate these. I wasn't hungry. I wasn't feeling lonely. It just seemed like a good idea. I loved the cheese squirting out and burning my fingers. I loved the crisp contrast between the hot dog, and the breading that surrounded it. I was present for every bite, and so I'm okay with eating these. I don't feel badly about it at all.

And now, I think I'll watch Hairspray, the one with John Travolta. Its one of my faves.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...