I don't usually have topical posts, but I'm feeling pretty thankful today so I thought I'd chime in.
- For starters, I'm quite thankful for my job. I work as a Youth Employment Specialist which basically means I put teenagers on jobs through federally funded grants, and help them find their own jobs. I love what I do... when I have something to do. Its very rewarding and I honestly can't imagine doing anything else.
- I'm also very grateful for my mother. She's awesome. We're going to Hawaii in three months and I am so excited I might pee myself before we leave.
- Doctors. Yesterday my bff's 3 year-old son had a lump removed from his chest and biopsied. It was a outpatient procedure, but they just don't know whats going on. I am very glad the doctors got all of whatever the hell was in there.
- Alaska's 24 hour sun. Okay, so its more like 19 hours where I live, but trust me, 19 is plenty. It makes sleeping a joke during the summer, but you're so hopped up on vitamin D that you just don't care!
- Payday! Within the next week or so, I'll be buying my madre's flight to here in September, and then all the major purchases (that I'm responsible for) will have been taken care of!