Thursday, August 12, 2010

And, I'm back!

Last week was full of amazing views of really awesomely huge trees, millions upon billions of gallons of water (none of it drinkable).... pictures to come later. It was also full of eating out every single meal, very little walking, and almost a complete return to the person I was before.

This weekend is the half marathon, and well, I don't think I'm going to go. I know I can walk 8 miles. I don't know that I can walk 13. Not yet. Maybe I can.  I don't know. Tomorrow is the last day to register, and I haven't yet. There's a possibility that I'll register for something smaller, and more attainable. Not that walking the half marathon isn't attainable. I'm worried with all the stress I'm bringing into my life, walking this will aggravate my body in a way that will make everything else even slower to recuperate from.  I start school full time next week. I have a rent I can barely afford, bills that seems to only get higher, and more and more responsibility thrust upon me with the film festival. Of course, this is the way I wanted it-  I wanted to be busy and with very little time to think. But I'm already exhausted just thinking about all the things I need to take care of, and most none of them have even begun yet!

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Dominique said... [Reply to comment]

Hey, a half marathon sounds pretty good. If they have that you should do it. You'll be happy you did! Don't push yourself too hard, it only causes pain and disappointment. You remember the Tortoise and the Hare> Slow and steady wins the race. Elementary, I know, but wise nonetheless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...