Monday, May 24, 2010
Once I got to work, I started knocking one item off at a time. Firs the granola and yogurt. Then the soup, and half of the cheese its. I gave the other half away to one of my clients who was rather angry we didn't have any food stocked at the moment.
Around 3:30 I had the Oreo Cakesters, and drank some more water. I went on three walks around the block. Quick and easy. One short incline, so just enough to work in some heavy breathing, before your up and around the curve, flat smooth sailing from there. Each lap I estimated was .38 miles. I wore flip flops to work today, and then walked home. I am now developing some pretty awesome calluses.
I was exhausted by the time I got home, and was ready for a nap. I just layed in bed and listened to the birds chirp, the cats meow, and the children play outside. The sun was shinning in my room, and it was just nice and peaceful.
My roommate and I are pretty close with our neighbor. We often cook meals together, and borrow each others food/plates/cups/etc with or without permission. This evening, she made spaghetti. It was a meat sauce with corn and string beans. It was quite delicious. After a few bites, I emptied a pack of grated Parmesan cheese to enhance the flavor a bit. I do love me some cheese.
I really was hungry. It doesn't take much for me to feel hungry. Today though, I could have eaten the minute I walked in the door, and not stop until later in the evening when it was time for me to start getting ready for bed. Instead, I layed in my bed, let the sun shine on me, and listened to the birds sing.
Then a funny thing happened. My roommate and her boyfriend went out side to have a cigarette. Before I knew what I was doing, I was in the kitchen, searching out the last piece of pepperoni pizza. I found it, snapped a picture with my camera, and went to town.
On the plus side, I walked over 2 miles today. It was nearly impossible to keep in at my desk. I just took any excuse to leave. Even to drop something off at the post office, across the street. It was a beautiful day in Anchorage.
And something wonderful happened in my new blogger world!
So the rules of this award, give it to 7 people, and tell you 7 things about me you didn't know. I'll start with 7 things you don't know about me. I feel like that might be a bit easier for me.
1) I grew up in the Portland Metro Area, in Oregon.
2) I've been overweight since I was about 6 years old.
3) My father, who was never an active participant in my life, died when I was 22.
4) 22 is my favorite number.
5) The most weight I've ever lost was 30 pounds. I was behaving like an anorexic back then, and it worked. My mom went off to work one day, and left me an apple and a can of soup. I freaked out about the can of soup and hid it in my dresser so she wouldn't know that I didn't eat it. I recognized at that moment, that kind of behavior was completely unacceptable, and stopped obsessing over food in that way. I haven't lost weight since.
6) I'm very politically and community oriented. Added to that, I'm not declared as "anything" but I am pretty damn liberal.
7) Talking about fat, being fat, feeling fat, acknowledging fat, scares the crap out of me. This blog is the bravest thing I've done in a really long time.
Now. Seven people to distribute this to. I hope there isn't much overlap, and I understand that sometimes posts about awards are kind of annoying. I'm new to this blogging community, but not to online journals in general.
So this award was given to me by Sam over at Believe In Yourself. It was really kind of her to think of me, especially since I've literally only been writing for a week. It seems a bit longer than that, but it hasn't it. I'm surprised I haven't gotten bored posting everything I feel about what I eat! Anyway, I'm very honored, and touched. I picked seven blogs, that I've been reading over the last week that have really been inspirational to me. I hope its okay to just list the seven blogs...
1) Half of Jess- http://www.halfofjess.com/
2) Memoirs of a Fat Kid- http://www.fatkidmemoirs.com/
3) No More Plus Size- http://nomoreplussize.com/
4) Prior Fat Girl- http://www.priorfatgirl.com/
5) Vegan Ana- http://veganana1.blogspot.com/
6) Big Bottom Blogger- http://bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com/
7) Bigger Than My Body- http://cryswwjourney.blogspot.com/
You ladies are perfectly wonderful, I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals, and being happy. Thanks for the inspiration!