Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The story line is completely ridiculous. A new born baby that should be about 85 years old, grows back into an infant over the course of his life. The older he gets, the younger he gets.

Inconceivable.

The idea of an 75 year old falling in love with a 10 year old. Disgusting. The thought produces such malcontent inside me, I want to vomit.

I love Benjamin Button. It was enthralling. It was mind boggling. But most of all, it was sincere in its simplicity. It didn't ask you to understand exactly how it worked. BB just shows you that it happened, and you can choose to accept it, or you cannot. However, if you don't, then I imagine it was very hard to get into.

Now, I must say that I'm probably the worst person to give movie reviews because I never know quite what to say without giving the whole thing away, regardless of what a viewer might have grasped from the trailer. I detest telling the details of a movie, especially one I liked. I find with this movie, I constantly want to tell everyone everything about it though.

Like the man who was....

Or the woman who found the courage to....

And that time, when he... and...

You see my point? I'm quite awful at this.

Brad Pitt was very convincing as and old child-man, and a man-child. Not to mention, exquisite to look at, but I found that I cared so much more for his soul than his face.

Cate Blanchett has definitely never been my favorite, but her character was so feisty and driven. And when her drive was taken away, she didn't let it hold her back. She was brilliant in this movie.

The only real issue I had with it, was the story book way it was told, and the release of happily ever death.

Its definitely one of the best movies I've seen all year.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...