Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Todays lunch

I made Quinoa Puttenesca for lunch today. This recipe was modified from Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes... it included capers. I don't know what they are, and to be perfectly honest, I intend living the rest of my life without discovering their nature. I replaced them with feta.

It also called for white wine which I didn't have on hand so I replaced that with vegetable broth. It's quite tasty. I like the contrast of the quinoa with the olives and cheese. It was a nice change from regular pasta. I do love me some kalamata olives, and this was my first time actually cooking with them. Its been a long time since I've had quinoa and I forgot how much I enjoy the nuttiness and the crunchiness. Like little globes popping in your mouth with every bite.

I was in quite the rush today. I went to the gym this morning, after waking up and dreading the idea of getting out of bed. It was a great experience! I finished W2D1 of c25k. I also did 15 minutes on the elliptical cause I love that thing. Though, there was this lunk there that hopped on the treadmill between me and some other dude, even though there were plenty others available, and then kept looking at our progress and making faces. He would just stare until I looked over at him. It was frustrating because I was doing awesome! I kept my heart rate in check and didn't give up even when I was running out of time to catch the bus, and this guy is going to pass judgment on me for what? His own damn ego? I'mma throw a stick on his treadmill next time!

So I've got about 4 more hours of work left before I go home, and my body is deliciously sore, and my tummy deliciously sated. All and all its been a pretty good day. Going to hit it hard tomorrow, and then Friday is my friends birthday. We're going to the museum and I don't know what else but it should be a good long day!

3 comments:

Jess@atasteofconfidence said... [Reply to comment]

like your positive attitude despite the annoying boy!

Lily Fluffbottom said... [Reply to comment]

Jess, I guess I didn't clarify! This was a grown ass man! He was my daddy's age! He had muscles a beer belly. But I kept my mouth shut and ran!

Tina said... [Reply to comment]

There is nothing worse than than those types of treadmill people. I find they are also in the pool and I just want to scream "I'm not racing you!!!" I need to finally get around to making come quinoa. Thanks for the reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...