Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ready

This weekend through me through quite the loop. I think I'm about back to normal, but I'm still really struggling with the hiccups of life. When I get sick, the first thing I do is turn to food. It is such an automatic thing and even when I realize its happening, I make every excuse I can to ensure that it does happen.

Anyway. I'm ready to move on.

Speaking of ready...

I am ready to run. Every part of me wants it, craves it. I dream about running. Running marathons, running on the beach, running from crazy murderers... I'm completely obsessed. Currently however, I am still on w3d1, and haven't actually attempted any real time since last Wednesday. Perhaps part of the problem is that I've derailed my training, and my body just literally misses the effort. 

I walked two miles this morning instead of going to the gym this morning, but I don't feel like it counts. Is my body sore? Yup. Did I earn it? Nope. I want to earn the burn, and I know its only going to happen if I make it happen.

Only sometimes... I wish I was already there. I am so ready to be at the end of this c25k training. I just want to run forever. I sure wish my body would get with the program and catch up.

One day at a time.


4 comments:

S.T. said... [Reply to comment]

I am proud of you! I think you are doing so awesome!

I can relate though. I was SO motivated. Then this stupid infection thing, and since I can't workout, it's like an excuse to eat junk...then I feel even further behind, and it's even harder to get going again.

Just keep at it and you will be there in no time! Maybe we could sign up for a big race together like, next fall (like a half marathon), that way we could work toward something together? :-)

S.T. said... [Reply to comment]

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/portland ?

Happy Fun Pants said... [Reply to comment]

That is exactly how I felt before I started running and when I am running, that's exactly how I feel at the start of it.

Thanks for helping me remember what it's like to crave that.

And also? I so wished we lived closer. We could walk and jog together.

Thanks for your comments - especially recently. You're one of the few people who I think actually "gets" me. The real me. And it is such a relief.

HUGS to you.

Elisha said... [Reply to comment]

I feel exactly the same way! I can feel myself running, see it so clearly, and yet it's not reality--yet.

We'll get there. We just have to keep working on it. It'll seem like it takes forever, but we'll be there before we know it, and then we'll be runners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...