Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jumping on the Zumba Train

Baah! I don't want to be a sheep! Bahhh!

I tried Zumba for the first time today. I did a basic step introduction, then a 9 minute video posted on youtubes. I've been watching the commercials, and even watched a few other videos online before I decided to try it out. I'm not the most coordinated of people, and Zumba is dancing so I figured there would have to be an amount of coordination required to participate. After trying the basic step introduction, which neither left me encouraged or discouraged, I moved on to an actual routine that was 9 minutes long. It was like dancing in my kitchen, only I didn't make up the moves.

I love dancing in my kitchen. It is one of my most favorite things ever. And even though I couldn't quite keep up, it was okay because I knew it would come with practice, but more importantly, it was so much fun. I didn't feel out of my element. In that short time I actually wanted to see how much more I could do. I'm buying it tonight when I get home.

Speaking of purchases, I've purchased quite a few things in the last couple of weeks. I had a windfall of student loan money, and decided to get caught up on things that had been slagging. What I've noticed is while I have no problem buying things that I want and need, this thing, this Zumba purchase, that could potentially change my life (if I let and use it and such) I keep hesitating. What if it doesn't work? What if its too hard or I get frustrated? What if it does work like a miracle and I don't know how to adjust? What if it just gathers dust because "I don't have enough time"?  
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. The fact is, I tried it this morning and I liked it. Why shouldn't I buy it? I've bought numerous things without trying it first. And if it sits on my shelf collecting dust, then thats one more thing that collects dust in my house. But I don't think it will this time. I don't want it to be this time.

Have you tried Zumba? Did you go to class or do you do it at home? Or both? Did you love it or just like it?

1 comments:

Mel Edwards said... [Reply to comment]

I've never tried Zumba, so you're still ahead of me. However, I know myself enough that I realize I have a small shelf of dvds that I'm not using for a variety of reason -- too hard still, too easy now that I'm getting it, too boring. If it speaks to you, DO IT! Otherwise, ask yourself, "If I get it and use it, what's the worst that can happen?" For me it would be, "You can have fun (egads!) and get fit (oh no!)." LOL! Enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...