Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shout It Out


Food Disclosure: Yesterday I ate two Oreos, a large iced mocha, a ham and brie panini that I split for lunch, and dinner, a handful of kettle chips, and three ice cream sandwiches made by Skinny Cow. I also had about 7 strawberries. There are pictures of most of these items, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I got lazy over the weekend. I'm working on it.


Current weight: 315.9

All in all, I would call yesterday a success. I was mindful, I didn't eat a fourth meal, and while I did give in to some ice cream sandwiches, I figured it was okay because well, I didn't have a fourth meal and I didn't binge.

I decided (I think I'm still a little maniacal right now) to start the Couch 2 5k program last night. On the first day, you're suppose to alternate walking and jogging for 9 reps. I ran the first one, skipped the second one, ran the third one, and then basically cried the rest of the way home! I got shin splints almost instantly, and couldn't seem to walk them out. I almost felt that if I hadn't stopped jogging, I might have lasted a bit longer, but I'm pretty glad I did stop because I was very scared to hurt myself. Rather, I was very scared I was going to hurt myself, and I didn't want that.

I'm not really sure what got into me. I think part of it has to deal with the fact that I feel really terrible that I allowed myself to binge all weekend just because I was upset my grandfather died and I had to reevaluate my life. Sometimes its easy to forget that 3 weeks isn't 3 years. I feel like I've been at this forever and I'm already ready for a break. But thats kind of just ludicrous. Its too soon to take a break. I knew his death was coming, and one of the things I was worried about was my reaction and subsequent behavior. Today, I'm making the choice to to separate the two, and focus on mindfulness. Our world is full of distractions, and its maybe cliche, maybe even wrong to say here, but I can control what goes into my body and does not. That, I still have a say over. No one else.

So, in the spirit of moving forward and not dwelling on the past, I just want to say that Hanson's new album, Shout It Out came out this week, and it is amazing. They're grown, they're lyrics still resonate with any emotion you could be having. Its pretty fantastic. Its got this soul, folksy 50's rock thing going on. A nice throw back in a musical era where talent is based on the size of the gold chain hanging from one's neck, or the amount of times you get to see the newest starlet's tits. I hate to say its wholesome, but it is. Its wholesome, and enjoyable, and real. I highly recommend giving it a listen, or even better, a buy. For a good ballad, Use Me Up. The first single released from Shout It Out is Thinking 'Bout Something


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...